Skip to main content

Holy Thursday

 



 
Scripture References: John 13
                                          1 Corinthians 11:23-26

*Please read and meditate on these Scriptures*

Summary: This is the day we commemorate the Last Supper Jesus had with His disciples and how He washed their feet, demonstrating the heart of a servant. 

                      Prayer

Son of Man,

You are The High and Lifted One spoken of in Isaiah 6. Yet, as a man, You came to serve. You demonstrated true humility by washing your disciples’ feet and even defined your Kingdom as one of service. 

Lord, help us to have true humility. Give us hearts to serve and labor for Your Kingdom. Let us not seek after vain glory, but seek to glorify You. Open up opportunities for us to serve others and reflect Your heart.

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Monday

  Scripture References: Mathew 21:12-17                                           Mark 11:-12-25 Summary : On Holy Monday, we commemorate these two events: The Cleansing of the Temple and the Cursing of the Fig Tree. First, Jesus drives the money changers and merchants out of the temple, refusing to let this sacred place of worship be exploited for financial gain. Later, Jesus curses a Fig tree for its refusal to bear fruit.  *Please read and meditate on these Scripture Passages*                                                         Prayer Sovereign Lord,  Grant me a clean heart. Remove sins and even wrongful attitudes and motives. Let me worship You out of a pure heart and drive out any darkness that clouds my soul an...

Holy Wednesday

        Scripture Reference: Luke 22:1-6 Summary: As the Passover Feast approaches, the chief priests and scribes begin conspiring to kill Jesus. They discover they have an ally, Judas Iscariot, who agrees to betray Jesus for a price.                        Prayer Holy Savior, Many times we criticize Judas for betraying You. But how often have we betrayed Your Holy Majesty through our sins? Through our irreverence and sacrilege?  Lord, forgive us! Make us clean! Remove idolatry from our hearts and Give us hearts with total and committed loyalty to You. Let us not be entangled with the things of this world, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. Renew a right spirit within us and help us to abide in You. Amen

Holy Week Update

  Hello Everyone! Holy Week starts tomorrow and I just wanted to give you some updates. I am still planning on working on the Daniel devotions. I haven’t forgotten about them. I’ve been busy with work, church and just being exhausted.  As for Holy Week, I decided to do something different. Instead of writing my insights on Holy Week Scriptures (like I did last year), I decided to write prayers for each day. The Bible command us to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Also, it is impossible to have a devotional life without prayer. I will post the Sculpture references and encourage reading them as well as praying. Also feel free to look back at the Holy Week devotionals from last year.  May God bless you as you pursue Him!