Holy Saturday
Jesus is buried and the people are resting on this Sabbath Day. We can only imagine the grief that Jesus disciples and loved ones were experiencing.
It is believed that after Jesus died, He descended into Sheol (the realm of the dead) the free the righteous souls that passed away before His First Advent. It would certainly take more than a blog post to investigate and study this interpretation.
Nonetheless, the death of Christ shows us that He experienced the final enemy of Mankind: Death. Before He could conquer death, Christ had to experience and endure death. This was the price of sin that Jesus paid.
As I self-reflect, I see that my sins put Christ in His grave. I see myself among those who spit on Him and blasphemed His Name. Because of my sins and wickedness.
But thanks to God that because I am in Christ, I am dead to sin (Romans 6:11). My life is his in Christ according to Colossians 3.
These promises are true for you if you’re in Christ as well. It was through death that Christ defeated the powers of Darkness.
Comments
Post a Comment