This passage begins with Jesus arriving in Galilee. At this time, The Feast of Tabernacles was approaching. Jesus' brethren try to encourage Him to go to Judea to perform miracles. But Jesus responded that it wasn't His time yet. What really stands out to me is when Jesus tells them to go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles, but He cannot celebrate with them because it wasn't His time. Later, as Jesus was teaching in the Temple, they sought to arrest Him. Yet, they couldn't because it wasn't His time.
Jesus had perfect timing regarding His acts and His ministry. It was important that Scripture be fulfilled, considering He is The Messiah. It wasn't His time to celebrate The Feast of Tabernacles because that will be fulfilled on His Second Coming. Jesus couldn't be arrested and killed yet because certain events had to precede His arrest.
This is where I see God's sovereignty. He does everything in perfect timing, even when I can't see it. It's not always easy to accept, but I have to trust The Lord.
Comments
Post a Comment