Later, the people of the area are seeking Jesus and Jesus reveals that they are looking for Him because of the food He provided. But then He tells them not waste their time working to acquire food that is temporary, but for the meat endures unto eternal life. The people immediately reference the manna that the Israelites ate in the wilderness. But they didn't realize that the physical manna was pointing to an even greater spiritual reality. Jesus then declares His first 'I AM' statement.
I AM The Bread of Life
Jesus is the source of my life and He is the Only One who spiritually nourishes me and fills me. He promises that anyone who comes to Him will never thirst or hunger again. He will also be the source of my spiritual nourishment in eternity. The physical manna was temporary and only satisfied for the day. But Jesus provides life-giving, sustaining sustenance that lasts forever and ever. May I always hunger and thirst after Christ!



Comments
Post a Comment